Beat Your Friends and Chess: Chess strategy and openings to dominate the home game
Chess master and fanatic of all things strategy, Cris Statz, explains step by step how to dominate the chess home game. Winning the chess home game has never been about pure intelligence, or seeing seven moves ahead. Instead, the methods in this book will teach you exactly how to consistently win against the novice player.
Topics covered include:
- Learning four basic strategy concepts and how to exploit them
- How to count attackers and defenders
- Several step by step openings for common chess attacks and defenses
- Introduction to Pins and Forks
- How to spot your advantage and expand upon it for a dominating victory
- Much more
Unlike most chess strategy books on the market, Beat Your Friends and Chess does not rely on Algebraic notation (Ne6, b3, Qd7 ect…) for listing out opening combinations of moves. Instead preferring to take a more beginner friendly approach by examining each move individually. Readers that have had difficult time working through chess books in the past will find this book especially refreshing.
Designed with ebooks in mind, Beat Your Friends and Chess has built in animated chess openings, as well as a smart table of contents, facebook share, and all the bells and whistles available for modern ereaders.
List Price: $ 14.95
Price: $ 14.95